Thursday, March 8, 2012

I am a PROUD WOMAN

This day, March 8th, in 2009, I, along with two other amazing ladies, (each representing different parts of the world, Eastern Europe, the Caribbean and West Africa [me]), participated in Sophia Abele's Dialogues titled "Women's Rights is it Global".

We each focused our research and presentation in different aspect's of Women's Rights. The ladies, did, each, in "Woman during wars" & "Women & Sex Trafficking".
I did my research on Women's Education in Pakistan, and presented my work to a crowed of 100+, including the President of Westchester Community College, Dr. Joseph Hankin.

I am very proud to have participated in such event, and wish to participate in many more to come. I've met great women during my lifetime, including the ladies of both sides of my family, my mother and mentor, and all my lovely girlie girls.

I believe in all woman, and in our potentials to be great leaders of this world.
I believe in the education of all girls, and in their potentials to lead by example.
I believe in the greatness of all females, and in the respect we give and is given to us by each other and by all men.

I urge you, dear reader, to look into your life, see if there is any woman you love and appreciate? If so, please tell her she is isn't alone, you are there to support her through every thing she experiences in this world.

You could be a woman from the mountain ranges of Afghanistan,
or from an ethnic group in Zimbabwe,
or perhaps a Cuzco woman from Peru.

You could be a woman from the Pacific,
Or maybe the Atlantic oceans.

You could be from any nationality or region in the world,
but our characteristic of being a woman, will always
be the same.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Carinho & Criticas: